- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Report: CVS, Dollar General and Walgreens each approached to bid on Fred's
- Gina Libby strives to improve pain medication legislation
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. — One of Dollar General's first stores in California also has the distinction of being the retailer's 10,000th store, the company said.
Dollar General announced Friday that its landmark store, located in Merced, Calif., has given the retailer a coast-to-coast presence for the first time in the company's history.
"Opening the doors of our 10,000th store is a meaningful day for all of us at Dollar General, and we are excited to celebrate the occasion in California," Dollar General chairman and CEO Rick Dreiling said. "This milestone reiterates our commitment to bringing unmatched convenience and value to customers across the nation."
Dollar General now operates stores in 39 states.