- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. — Dollar General is sponsoring career fairs at 170 of its stores as part of an effort to hire 10,000 new employees this month, the company said Tuesday.
The company said it would have representatives to discuss opportunities, receive resumes and talk about long-term opportunities.
"With the long-term career opportunities Dollar General provides its employees, we take great pride in being an employer of choice for external candidates," Dollar General chief people officer and EVP Bob Ravener said. "Exceptional talent and internal promotions continue to fuel Dollar General's growth, and we look forward to the skills these 10,000 new hires will bring the company."