- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Dollar General pilots gas offering
- Fred's Super Dollar: Pharmacy is key contributor to overall success
- Economic analysis: Prescription-only status for PSE would drive up physician visits, healthcare costs
- Report: CVS, Dollar General and Walgreens each approached to bid on Fred's
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. Dollar General on Wednesday confirmed the company is test-marketing the sale of beer -- and wine, where allowed -- in select stores throughout the Southeast.
According to published reports, those initial test markets include Florida, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Over time, Dollar General expects to offer beer and/or wine in about half of its 9,000 stores nationwide, the company stated.