- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Economic analysis: Prescription-only status for PSE would drive up physician visits, healthcare costs
- Dollar General designates April to benefit Autism Speaks
- Dollar General announces changes to board
- Dollar General refutes U.S. PIRG Education Fund report that high-lead toy set was sold in its stores
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. — Dollar General on Friday announced the introduction of its first fuel station, as part of a test pilot project. The new fuel pumps are located at the Dollar General Market in Hanceville, Ala.
“Dollar General continues to innovate to provide convenience and value for our customers,” stated Rick Dreiling, chairman and CEO. “This project to test a fuel offering is consistent with our strategy of continually looking for new and better ways to meet our customers’ needs for value and convenience and enhancing our position as America’s general store.”
This pilot project is part of an agreement with Mansfield Oil, which provides fuel supply, distribution, delivery and dispensing solutions to customers. Dollar General and Mansfield will evaluate the results of the pilot project over the next year and jointly assess expansion opportunities.