- Dollar Tree realizes annual net sales increase of 6.1%
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
CHESAPEAKE, Va. — Dollar Tree on Monday announced the promotion of Gary Philbin, 56, to the position of president and COO. He has served as COO since 2007.
"I am thrilled to have Gary assume this new role," stated Bob Sasser, Dollar Tree CEO. "As chief operating officer, he has demonstrated outstanding leadership and superb business judgment, and he has been a major contributor to our growth and success. Among his many notable achievements are the improvement of Dollar Tree customer satisfaction and shopping experience and the integration of our Canadian stores," he said. "We have a concept that customers love, a vision of where we want to go and the people, infrastructure and capital to take us there. Gary will provide experienced leadership as we continue with the profitable expansion of our business."
Philbin holds a bachelor's degree from Miami University and received an MBA from Xavier University. After a 30-year career in the retail grocery industry, where he held senior-level positions in both merchandising and operations, Philbin joined Dollar Tree as SVP stores in December of 2001.