- P&G targets men shopping at CVS with new 'Guy Aisle' prototype in Charlotte, N.C.
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Pantene Pro-V gets spokeswoman for Nature Fusion collection
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
- P&G reveals survey data on power of a smile among Hispanics, launches new Complete collection
CINCINNATI — Procter & Gamble's Downy Unstopables brand is giving Americans their chance at "12 Seconds to Fame" with a contest that asks consumers, "How fresh are you?"
Downy Unstopables — an in-wash scent booster that keeps laundry fresh for up to 12 weeks out of storage — launched the contest on Oct. 25, and consumers have until Nov. 23 to upload their 12-second videos creatively revealing their freshest act, look or moves. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges based on personality, creativity and humor, and will be featured in a Downy live commercial to air in December on "Jimmy Kimmel Live."
Consumers can either enter through specially marked "12 Seconds to Fame" video kiosks — located in Los Angeles at The Grove, Topanga Mall and Disneyland; in Houston at the Houston Galleria; and in New York at the Smith Haven Mall or the Westchester Mall — or online through Downy's YouTube page, YouTube.com/Downy.
“Since the product launched, Downy Unstopables has been giving clothes and linens a freshness that is feisty and fun,” said Carolina Rogoll, Downy’s brand manager. “Now, Downy is excited to see just how feisty people across America can be when they’re given the opportunity to make a name for themselves on one of late-night’s freshest shows.”
Downy kicked off the contest on Oct. 27 with a special event at The Grove in Los Angeles, where Mario Lopez — host of "Extra" — demonstrated how to use the kiosk and shared his own "12 Seconds to Fame" video. Attendees enjoyed a DJ's music, samples of Downy Unstopables, photo opps, interactive displays and giveaways.