- CFC inhalers to be phased out by end of year, FDA says
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Merck, Depomed extend diabetes drug license agreement
- Prestige Brands solution to pediatric overdosing — unique squeezable, single-dose APAP packet
- Merck drug approved for preventing fungal infections in immunosuppressed patients
HYDERABAD, India — Dr. Reddy's Labs has launched a generic drug for treating asthma and allergies, and preventing bronchospasm during exercise, the company said.
The Indian company announced the launch of montelukast sodium oral granules in the 4-mg strength in unit-dose cartons of 30 packets.
The drug is a version of Merck's Singulair oral granules, which had sales of about $61 million during the 12-month period ended in July, according to IMS Health.