- Report: Pfizer seeks aid of PBMs in efforts to block generic versions of Lipitor
- Dr. Reddy's receives FDA approval for generic GERD treatment
- Pfizer to sell Lipitor directly by mail
- FDA gives Wockhardt tentative approval for bipolar, schizophrenia drug
- Mylan gets approval for generic version of Vfend
HYDERABAD, India — Indian drug maker Dr. Reddy's has launched a drug designed to treat bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, the company said.
The company announced the launch of ziprasidone hydrochloride capsules in the 20-mg, 40-mg, 60-mg and 80-mg strengths.
The drug is a generic version of Pfizer's Geodon, which had sales of $1.34 billion in 2011, according to IMS Health.