- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- CVS/pharmacy launches new online Drug Information Center
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- CVS Caremark outlines efforts to help combat national Rx drug abuse epidemic
- Sohm launches private-label OTC brand SohMed into the U.S. marketplace
NEW YORK — Medication-information website Drugs.com has launched a mobile app that includes access to personal medication records, drug-interaction lists and breaking health news, the company said Friday.
The Drugs.com Medication Guide is available free of charge for iOS and Android phones and includes tools such as MedNotes, the Symptom Checker and an A-to-Z index of more than 24,000 prescription and OTC drugs, including information about whether drugs are available as generics.
"As the U.S. healthcare system moves through the upcoming stages of meaningful use, patients will be empowered to utilize mobile health apps to manage their medications and maintain wellness," Drugs.com CEO Philip Thornton said. "The latest Drugs.com Medication Guide app is a practical tool to shorten this learning curve for both patients and caregivers alike. Medication management, safety and adherence will simply become easier."