- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
BELLEVUE, Wash. — Drugstore.com on Tuesday announced the expiration of the waiting period under the U.S. Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended, with respect to the proposed merger by which the company would be acquired by Walgreens in a cash transaction.
The deal previously was announced on March 24.
Accordingly, the merger's closing condition with respect to the expiration or termination of the waiting period under the HSR Act has been satisfied. Completion of the merger remains subject to satisfaction or waiver of certain other conditions, including approval by the stockholders of Drugstore.com.
The parties continue to expect the transaction to close in June 2011.