- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Duane Reade is most-followed retailer on Twitter
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
NEW YORK — Duane Reade in late August surpassed 1 million Twitter followers, and will be celebrating the accomplishment at its 40 Wall St. location on Tuesday during an invitation-only event.
That makes Duane Reade by far the most-followed retailer on Twitter in the food, drug and mass arena. Duane Reade has garnered five times more Twitter followers than its parent company Walgreens (180,390 followers), the second-most followed drug store retailer. CVS/pharmacy, No. 3, is followed by 117,931 Twitterers.
Duane Reade even outpaces all of mass retail as well — Target has garnered 758,213 followers, while Walmart has captured the attention of 363,894 followers. Leading supermarket retailers include Kroger (37,148 followers), Publix (34,710) and Safeway (31,157).