- Gallup: Take Care Clinics top in customer service
- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
- Nurse practitioners are vital to a healthy U.S. healthcare system
NEW YORK Duane Reade has opened another walk-in medical center, this time in its flagship Union Square location.
Like all of Duane Reade's walk-in medical centers, the Union Square medical center is managed by Consumer Health Services, the premier provider of on-site, physician-directed consumer health centers. The new site is open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., with no appointment necessary and accepts most insurance plans. The DR walk-in medical centers are staffed by licensed physicians who can take care of most common illnesses, minor injuries, lacerations, routine screenings, physical exams, vaccinations, and referrals to specialists.
"With the addition of the 1 Union Square location, Duane Reade celebrates the opening of our seventh 'Doctor on Premises' location," said Frank Scorpiniti, SVP pharmacy operations at Duane Reade. "Our patients and customers have reacted very positively to the high-quality service and health care being provided through the health stores. In collaboration with Consumer Health Services, we're focusing on making New Yorkers' lives a little easier."