- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens launches exclusive beauty publication 'Discover Beauty Within'
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
NEW YORK — Manhattan-based pharmacy retailer Duane Reade has confirmed plans to relocate its corporate headquarters to 40 Wall St., which is already home to its mega flagship store.
The company’s current lease at its corporate headquarters at 440 Ninth Ave. was nearing its August expiration so the retailer, which is owned by Walgreens, began searching for a new space.
Duane Reade will be taking the 21st and 22nd floors, for a total of 54,500 square feet, inside the historic 72-story building, which is the same Trump Organization-owned office tower that currently houses Duane Reade’s flagship location.
As previously reported by Drug Store News, Duane Reade officially opened in early July the 22,000-sq.-ft. flagship store. The store has several unique offerings including in-house prepared sushi, a Juice Market and beauty services, such as an Essie/OPI manicure bar and a hair styling salon provided by Phyto Universe.