- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Ferndale Healthcare partners with Colon Cancer Alliance
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Study: Daily aspirin use may reduce risk of ovarian cancer by 20%
LONG BRANCH, N.J. — Temperatures eclipsed 90 degrees Fahrenheit for the second annual Jersey Shore Undy 5000 5-km race held here last month, where Team Dulcolax joined 665 people who turned out to support the colon cancer awareness-raising event. All told, participants generated more than $80,000 to help fight colon cancer.
A portion of the funds raised from the Jersey Shore Undy 5000 will be locally distributed to fund services for those diagnosed with colon cancer.
Boehringer Ingelheim, the maker of Dulcolax, is one of the chief sponsors of the 2011 Undy 5000 races — a series of 13 5-km run/walks in which participants are encouraged to wear boxer shorts to draw attention to the area of the body that is affected by colon cancer.