- Duracell partners with Toys for Tots for battery donations
- Sales soar during holiday gift-buying season
- Duracell features superstar snowboarder Amy Purdy in latest video
- P&G brands kick off Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games with campaign, film series
- P&G to help set up dental clinics to support Olympic athletes, coaches
BETHEL, Conn. — Duracell is extending its "Rely on Copper to Go for the Gold Olympic Games" program to unveil an exclusive and original song created for Team USA.
"Champions," performed by recording artists O.A.R. and B.o.B., is available as a free download to all of Team USA and consumers on Duracell's Facebook page, where they also can view the official music video starring the artists and Duracell's partner athletes, including Dwight Howard (basketball), Hunter Kemper (triathlon), Diana Lopez and Mark Lopez.
"Whether in MP3 players, wireless headphones or docking stations, batteries power the music that motivates and inspires these athletes," said Volker Kuhn, general manager for Duracell North America. "We thought if we could not only power their music devices, but also create a song for them that would hopefully inspire their road to London, then that would be the ultimate gift."
The "Rely on Copper to Go for the Gold Olympic Games" program gives consumers a portal, the Duracell online Virtual Stadium, to provide encouragement for the athletes through videos, pictures and texts as they train and compete for the Olympic Games in London.