- Walgreens, Rite Aid join outcry over Boston Rolling Stone cover
- NCPA calls on pharmacists to tweet in a 'Tweet-a-Thon,' recognizing the occupation's contribution to health care
- CoverGirl spokeswoman Queen Latifah reigns as Pantene's newest brand ambassador
- Palmer's to debut in India.Arie's 'Cocoa Butter' music video
- Nicole by OPI launches Selena Gomez gift sets for holiday
NEW YORK — Pop star Nicki Minaj celebrated this week the launch of her first fragrance with a larger-than-life event at Macy’s Herald Square store in New York City.
Macy’s Herald Square provided the first 300 fans to purchase Macy’s Pink Friday exclusive gift set bundle the opportunity to meet Minaj and get an autographed limited edition Pink Friday commemorative ad. Minaj turned heads when she stepped onto the pink carpet wearing a hot pink Armani blazer, Marni blue and white high-wasted skinny pants, Giuseppe Zanotti blue suede wedge booties, a vintage rainbow-swirled bra, pink police officer hat and striking blonde wig by Terrance Davidson.
Scott Beattie, chairman, president and CEO of Elizabeth Arden, and Jeff Gennette, chief merchandising officer of Macy’s, kicked off the event with a speech to welcome the crowd and introduce Minaj.
As previously reported by Drug Store News, Pink Friday is Minaj's first and signature scent. The fragrance, developed in partnership with Elizabeth Arden, mixes complementary playful and sultry notes of fruits, vanilla and musks.
To learn more about the fragrance, click here.