- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Canada's Shoppers Drug Mart posts Q4 results
ST. LOUIS Energizer Holdings has obtained U.S. antitrust clearance for the acquisition of American Safety Razor.
The waiting period for the antitrust review under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 has expired. Clearance from regulatory authorities in Germany and Taiwan now must be satisfied before closing.
Energizer stated that it will continue to seek clearance from those authorities in advance of the Nov. 23 deadline in the Asset Purchase Agreement between Energizer and ASR.
As previously reported by Drug Store News, Energizer announced in early October that it was the winning bidder for ASR in bankruptcy court proceedings. Energizer has signed an agreement with ASR to purchase substantially all of ASR's assets for $301 million in cash and the assumption of certain liabilities.