- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- Cuomo supports Binghamton University's pharmacy school
- New York's online database of drug prescriptions curtailing 'doctor shopping'
- Estée Lauder names Jane Lauder global brand president of Clinique
- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
NEW YORK — Estée Lauder announced that its Aramis and designer fragrances division will assume the exclusive worldwide license for the fragrance business of Marni, a Milan-based luxury fashion company founded by Consuelo and Gianni Castiglioni in 1994.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“Wearing Marni is like wearing a piece of art. It is an expression of individuality. Few designers can make the fashion community smile the way Consuelo does,” stated Veronique Gabai-Pinsky, global brand president of Aramis and designer fragrances. “Marni adds to our overall strategy by building on our European fragrance business in the high-end segment. Marni is a luxury brand with a loyal cult-like following that appeals globally to a sophisticated, trend-conscious customer.”
The first product introduction will be unveiled in fall 2012.