- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
- Supervalu completes deal with AB Acquisition
- Supervalu announces slowdown of price position overhaul as buyout speculation populates newswires
- Supervalu expands Nutrition iQ program
- Jewel-Osco brings back Eating Healthy with my Diabetes program
ITASCA, Ill. — Evander Holyfield, the only five-time world heavyweight champion, will greet Supervalu's Jewel-Osco customers and boxing fans during appearances at two of the retailer’s Chicago stores. Holyfield will be the special guest at free food sampling events on Feb. 16 and 17 that will be held as part of Jewel-Osco’s ongoing “A Taste of Black History” program, a month-long initiative that recognizes the retailer’s African-American vendor partners.
Holyfield’s “Real Deal” BBQ sauce is sold at select Jewel-Osco stores, and the boxing champion will autograph a bottle of his sauce for every six bottles sold. In addition, consumers at both events can enjoy free samples of many of Jewel-Osco’s other African-American vendor products.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.