- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Walgreens and Express Scripts offer Smart90 Walgreens — a 90-day fill at retail — to improve adherence
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
ST. LOUIS — Pharmacy benefit manager Express Scripts will provide services for patients using a drug to manage a debilitating side effect of many anti-cancer treatments, ESI said.
The PBM announced that it would provide services for Access Pharmaceuticals' MuGard through its HealthBridge Pharma & Biotech division. MuGard is an oral wound rinse and coating used to manage oral mucositis. ESI said it would be the exclusive provider of third-party logistics, or 3PL services for the product, and the preferred specialty pharmacy for patients using it, through subsidiary CuraScript.
"We are excited about working with Access Pharmaceuticals as a fully integrated supply chain partner," ESI VP strategy and contracting for pharmaceuticals and biotechnology Kevin Cast said. "The award of an exclusive 3PL position and preferred specialty pharmacy position for MuGard is absolute validation of our commitment to providing vital access solutions for pharmaceutical and biotech organizations."