- Bitcoin gains popularity among retailers
- GN ReSound launches hearing aid compatible with Apple's iPhone, iPad and iPod
- Sephora launches social shopping platform to share, tag beauty looks
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
ST. LOUIS — Patients with smart phones using pharmacy benefits served by Express Scripts can access their accounts through a new application launched Monday, the PBM said.
Members who use the iPhone or Android phones can download the Express Rx app from the Apple App Store or Android Market, respectively. Users of other smart phones, such as BlackBerry devices, can use Express Scripts’ mobile-optimized website at M.ESRX.com. The app and website allow users to order refills, check order status, look up drug information and sign up for home delivery; if phones have GPS, the app will direct them to the closest retail pharmacy in their network.
“The Express Scripts Pharmacy is the most reliable path between our members and their medications, and is the cornerstone of our commitment to deliver better health outcomes and lower costs,” Express Scripts VP Rx distribution Jacob Cedergreen said. “This is another example of how we are constantly innovating and improving the Express Scripts Pharmacy to provide our clients and members the best possible service and convenience.”