- Bitcoin gains popularity among retailers
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS/pharmacy officially unveils new myWeekly Ad digital circular
- CVS' Rob Price talks to Yahoo! Finance about myWeekly Ad
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
CVS/pharmacy certainly is the leader in terms of how to translate reams of shopper data into programs that drive profitable results. It’s been at it for almost 15 years, and its 70 million active cardholders makes for the largest loyalty program in retail pharmacy.
In a major nod to the program’s success, 67% of CVS transactions and 82% of all front-store sales are tied to ExtraCare, and card members buy 85% more items per trip versus nonmembers.
ExtraCare also is enabling CVS to evolve its circular program, which has been negatively impacted by the drop in newspaper circulation in recent years. CVS will reduce circular pages over time, shifting those dollars into digital promotions through ExtraCare. The retailer is currently piloting a personalized circular program that tailors customized offers based on front-store purchasing history.