- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Study pinpoints protective genetic mutations for Type 2 diabetes
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
COLUMBUS, Ohio — EyeScience Labs on Wednesday introduced a new eye vitamin for people with diabetes.
The new product, Diabetic Vision Formula, was developed in an effort to help protect against potential vision problems associated with diabetic retinopathy, a condition that affects an estimated 4.1 million Americans and is cited as a leading cause of blindness for American adults by the National Eye Institute, a division of the National Institutes of Health, the company reported.
The Diabetic Vision Formula contains 11 nutrients, including vitamin B-6, omega-3, niacin, lutein, alpha lipoic acid, cinnamon bark, bilberry and grapeseed extract.
EyeScience formulas are directly sold through participating eye care professionals and nationwide at CVS/pharmacy.