- Family Dollar a hot commodity
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
- Family Dollar getting executive suite in place before new store, expanded assortment push
- Study: National dollar store chain locations outnumber those of national retail pharmacy chains
- Family Dollar posts sales and profit improvement
MATTHEWS, N.C. — The chief investment officer of Trian Fund Management has been named to the board of directors at Family Dollar, the retailer announced.
Edward Garden's appointment as board member is effective immediately. With this appointment, Family Dollar's board expands to 11 directors.
“We are firmly committed to enhancing value for all Family Dollar stockholders and have always welcomed open dialogue with our shareholders,” Family Dollar chairman and CEO Howard Levine, said. “We are pleased to appoint Ed Garden to the Family Dollar board and look forward to working closely with him. Ed brings to Family Dollar the perspective of a major stockholder and years of experience investing in and working with consumer related companies. His expertise will be valuable to the Company as we continue to drive growth and further strengthen our business.”
Garden, who also is a founding partner of Trian, also is a member of the board for fast food chain Wendy’s.