- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Walgreens gets top score among drug chains in Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
- Share of sales from Shop Your Way members grows as Q4 2013 comps have fallen, Kmart parent company says
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Family Dollar announced that it has named Trey Johnson to the newly created position of SVP food.
Johnson will report to Dorlisa Flur, EVP and chief merchandising officer.
“Creating an appealing mix of fun and functional merchandise is critical to our mission of being a more compelling place to shop,” Flur said. “Through Trey’s extensive grocery experience, leadership and strategic vision, we intend to further enhance our food business, drive trips and increase customer loyalty in an effort to grow our overall market share.”
Johnson comes to Family Dollar from Sears Holdings, where he created a limited assortment food concept for Kmart. Johnson also led the development of Walmart’s Marketside format as its chief merchandising officer. His extensive grocery experience includes VP and SVP leadership roles with Supervalu, Albertsons and American Food Stores.