- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Family Dollar supply chain executive resigns from post
- Unprecedented number of retailers head to NACDS TSE
- Cardinal Health ranks No. 1 in Gartner's fifth annual Healthcare Supply Chain Top 25
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Family Dollar Stores has named Jeffrey Macak as EVP supply chain, reporting to Mike Bloom, president and COO.
For the last 13 years, Macak has served as VP global supply chain for Bed Bath & Beyond, where he was responsible for the supply chain, logistics and distribution of goods for the company and its subsidiaries.
Previous to that, he served as president of Vantix Logistics for Ameriserve (acquired by McLane Co.). Macak also held various positions with The Hechinger Co., a home improvement retailer, and with KPMG Consulting and Deloitte-Garr Consulting Group. He began his career as a senior consultant with Manugistics.
“With more than 25 years of wide-ranging operational experience, in both retailing and supply chain, Jeffrey’s background and leadership skills are a perfect complement to our operations and growth initiatives,” Bloom stated. “In today’s highly competitive retail environment, building an efficient end-to-end supply chain is critical to our success, and we will look to Jeffrey’s extensive expertise to advance our ongoing efforts to improve supply chain efficiencies and drive increased value for our customers.”