- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- Rexall taps savvy vet Kelly for top merchant role
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Family Dollar Stores announced that it has named Paul White to the position of SVP apparel, home and seasonal. White will report to Dorlisa Flur, EVP and chief merchandising officer.
"Creating an exciting offering of discretionary merchandise to complement our growing consumable assortment is the cornerstone to being a compelling place to shop for our customers," said Flur. "With Paul's leadership, we will further improve merchandise selection and in-store presentation of these dynamic areas of our assortment, adding more of the fun of finding a unique treasure in apparel, home, and seasonal items for our customers to enjoy."
White is the past president, CEO, and director of Goody's, where he refocused the merchandising and marketing strategies on the core customer while leading the company's exit from bankruptcy. Other retail experience includes senior merchandising leadership roles at Shopko Stores and The May Department Stores Co.