- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
- Family Dollar names new SVP merchandising and announces search for new chief merchandising officer
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Family Dollar Stores has named Colin McGinnis to the position of SVP store operations support, store development and procurement. McGinnis will report to Barry Sullivan, EVP store operations.
"Over the last several years, we have expanded our assortment to be more relevant to our customers, and we have improved our store standards to make our stores easier to shop,” said Sullivan. “Through Colin's leadership and store operations experience we intend to improve how we take care of our stores and our team members.”
McGinnis joined Family Dollar in August of 2004 as a regional VP, where he was the operations lead on the development of the store of the future project. In 2006, he was named VP store operations support and process improvement. Most recently, McGinnis added additional responsibility for store services, procurement and store development. Prior to joining Family Dollar, McGinnis held positions of increasing responsibility with a national drug store chain.
The news comes on the heels of Family Dollar's mid-October announcement that Jocelyn Wong had been named SVP, chief marketing officer, reporting to Bloom.