- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Bi-Lo Holdings, Delhaize Group moving forward on acquisition deal
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Family Dollar Stores last week named Tammy DeBoer as SVP food. DeBoer will report to Paul White, EVP and chief merchandising officer.
"Providing customers with a compelling food assortment is key to driving trips and an important initiative for Family Dollar,” White said. “Tammy’s proven track record in the food industry and her strategic leadership will help drive further enhancements to our assortment and help us increase customer loyalty as we work to continue to expand our market share.”
Since joining Family Dollar in June 2012, DeBoer has led the company’s private-brand efforts with a strong focus on improving quality and expanding the assortment. Prior to joining Family Dollar, DeBoer was VP and general manager for Bloom, one of Delhaize America's banners. DeBoer holds a bachelor's degree in technology from Appalachian State University.
"[Last year], Family Dollar expanded its food assortment by 400 SKUs and formed a six-year, exclusive partnership with McLane, which will allow the company to carry a consistent assortment, improve in-stock levels of refrigerated and frozen merchandise, consolidate its wholesaler network and distribute tobacco products," noted Deborah Weinswig, Citi Research analyst.