- FDA approves generic versions of Cymbalta
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome patient Ellen Smith serves as advocate for pain relief access
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Diplomat becomes distributor of recently approved cancer drug
MUMBAI, India — A generic drug maker announced that the Food and Drug Administration has granted tentative approval for its version of a popular antidepressant.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries said the FDA approved its duloxetine hydrochloride delayed-release capsules in 20-mg, 30-mg and 60-mg strengths. The capsules are a generic version of Eli Lilly's Cymbalta, which is indicated to treat major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain, fibromyalgia and chronic musculoskeletal pain.
Cymbalta has been sold in the United States since 2004.