- Stater Bros. Charities spreads holiday cheer with Toys for Tots donation
- Target’s ClearRx named Design of the Decade
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Pharmacy crime: Pushing back against rising wave
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
MINNEAPOLIS — The first of Target's smaller-format CityTarget urban stores are slated to open on July 25 in Chicago, Los Angeles and Seattle.
Two years in the making, the smaller stores will feature broad offerings in a space two-thirds the size of a regular Target store – or 80,000 sq. ft. to 100,000 sq. ft., compared with 135,000 sq. ft. to 175,000 sq. ft.
Target has said it will open another Los Angeles CityTarget store later this year, as well as a first store in San Francisco. A third Los Angeles location and one in Portland, Ore., are slated to open in 2013.