- IRI Pacesetter report shows strength in beauty, consumables
- Predominantly Spanish-speaking Hispanics tend to be brand-loyal, despite economic conditions
- H-E-B launches shelf labeling system and health newsletters to help Texans make healthier food choices
- Raising the bar in nutritional snacking
- Mintel: Ethnic foods enjoy robust product growth
The economy has caused consumers to eat at home more frequently. Products that make food prep easier are more popular than ever with consumers.
A recent study from Mintel International revealed that U.S. retail sales of cooking sauces and marinades saw a 20% spike between 2005 and 2010. Sales of the products are expected to increase by another 19% by 2015.
Ethnic sauces, barbecue sauces and refrigerated/frozen sauces are among the most popular.
The article above is part of the DSN Category Review Series. For the complete Sauces Sell-Through Report, including extensive charts, data and more analysis, click here.