- CDC: Flu activity remains elevated
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- Flu-like activity picking up across South
ATLANTA — For the week ended Feb. 2, influenza activity remained elevated in the United States but decreased in most areas, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Friday. According to CDC's activity level map, it appears most incidence is concentrated across the central United States, including Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri.
The proportion of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness nationwide was 3.6%, still above the national baseline of 2.2%.
A total of 19 states New York City were still reporting high ILI activity. Twelve states reported moderate ILI activity, and 13 states experienced low ILI activity.
Florida, Kentucky, Maine, Montana, New Hampshire and South Carolina all reported minimal activity.