- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- Walgreens gets top score among drug chains in Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
- Supervalu names Jerry Storch chairman, succeeds Robert Miller in that capacity
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Supervalu announced that 10 of its banners will offer flu inoculations this season.
Supervalu pharmacies — including Acme Sav-on, Albertsons Sav-on, Albertsons Osco, Cub, Farm Fresh, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's Osco, Shop 'n Save, Shop 'n Save Osco and Shoppers pharmacies — which operate across 25 states, will administer the traditional flu vaccine, needle-free FluMist nasal spray, Fluzone Intradermal and the Fluzone HD (for patients ages 65 years and older) during regular pharmacy hours. The company said the vaccines, which are administered by specially trained pharmacists, will be able to provide flu vaccinations daily on a walk-in basis or by appointment.
The traditional flu vaccine Fluzone Intradermal and the FluMist nasal spray are available for $29.99 each, while Fluzone HD is available for $59.99. This cost is covered by Medicare Part B and many commercial health plans, Supervalu noted.
For additional details, contact your local store or visit Supervalupharmacies.com.