- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
- Supervalu makes Tdap vaccines available across chain to fight whooping cough spread
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Supervalu completes deal with AB Acquisition
- Supervalu will continue to focus on value pricing, hyperlocal merchandising in fiscal 2013
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Supervalu announced that 10 of its banners will offer flu inoculations this season.
Supervalu pharmacies — including Acme Sav-on, Albertsons Sav-on, Albertsons Osco, Cub, Farm Fresh, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's Osco, Shop 'n Save, Shop 'n Save Osco and Shoppers pharmacies — which operate across 25 states, will administer the traditional flu vaccine, needle-free FluMist nasal spray, Fluzone Intradermal and the Fluzone HD (for patients ages 65 years and older) during regular pharmacy hours. The company said the vaccines, which are administered by specially trained pharmacists, will be able to provide flu vaccinations daily on a walk-in basis or by appointment.
The traditional flu vaccine Fluzone Intradermal and the FluMist nasal spray are available for $29.99 each, while Fluzone HD is available for $59.99. This cost is covered by Medicare Part B and many commercial health plans, Supervalu noted.
For additional details, contact your local store or visit Supervalupharmacies.com.