- CVS Caremark marks ninth year as sponsor of Easter Seals' Walk with Me event
- Bi-Lo Holdings, Delhaize Group moving forward on acquisition deal
- Food Lion kicks off Store Brand Super Sale
- Food Lion offering shoppers chance to name private-brand sodas
- Food Lion announces discount for active military, veterans on Veterans Day
RALEIGH, N.C. — Food Lion announced that its associates and customers raised more than $4 million to benefit Easter Seals during the retailer's annual Shop & Care campaign.
The four-week program, which was initiated 21 years ago, aims to provide funds for the nonprofit provider of services for individuals living with autism, developmental, physical and mental disabilities and other special needs. This year, through the campaign, Food Lion said it raised $4.5 million, a 22% increase in funds over last year.
"We are pleased that our associates and customers joined together to raise a record-breaking $4.5 million, which we believe will make a tremendous impact in the lives of children and adults who live with disabilities," Food Lion SVP James Egan said. "Because of these efforts, more than 100,000 children, families and adults throughout 11 Easter Seals affiliates in the Southeast will benefit from our collective donations."