- MTM could take chunk out of the $290 billion in annual healthcare costs
- Rite Aid’s new loyalty program a major bright spot in tough Q3
- Publix announces two new openings for North Carolina market
- MinuteClinic, Greenville Hospital System form clinical affiliation
- Food Lion recognizes Bloom store manager with award
SALISBURY, N.C. — Food Lion stores located along the coasts of North Carolina and South Carolina raised more than $100,000 during the retailer's "Thriller on the Griller at the Beach" events.
The events, which took place from June 17 to July 3 at 14 stores, raised $101,149, Food Lion said. The company said that the funds raised surpassed the retailer's goal by nearly $15,000.
Funds raised will provide families with such assistance as help with the purchase of hospital medical equipment or other needs as identified by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals in North Carolina and South Carolina.