- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Food Lion Charitable Foundation, Western Union Foundation partner to help fight child hunger
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Tejava iced tea announces expanded distribution to CVS, Target
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
SALISBURY, N.C. — Food Lion family of stores and Bottom Dollar Food donated a record 1.5 million lbs. of food to local food banks.
The retailers kicked off their eighth annual Hunger Has a Cure campaign, and sold roughly 250,000 boxes in the effort, which ran from Nov. 17 to Dec. 28, 2010.
The food was donated to food banks affiliated with Feeding America.
"We are ecstatic about the 1 million meals that we were able to provide to families in need from the Hunger Has a Cure box sales," said Bill Garcia, community relations manager for the Food Lion family of stores and Bottom Dollar Food. "We are proud to work with Feeding America to help eliminate hunger in our communities, and we will continue to do all that we can to help our neighbors."