- Sensis Condoms with QuikStrips now available at select Walgreens
- Report: Amazon tests public delivery lockers in Seattle, New York retailers
- Walgreens boosts online presence with Drugstore.com acquisition
- Booyah! Buy! Buy! Buy! Jim Cramer gets bullish on WAG
- Amazon.com to begin collecting sales taxes for purchases made in Pennsylvania
CHICAGO — Groupon on Friday named Kal Raman to the role of SVP Americas.
Raman will oversee the company’s operations across 10 countries in North, Latin and South Americas and will be based in Groupon’s corporate headquarters in Chicago.
Raman’s career spans more than 20 years in technology and retail, most recently consulting as general manager of Global Fulfillment at eBay. Raman served as CEO of GlobalScholar, a leader in enterprise software for K-12 public schools, as well as SVP at Amazon, with responsibility for driving its global nonmedia business for retailers and sellers. In addition, he led Amazon’s retail technology and marketing units.
Prior to Amazon, Raman was CEO of Drugstore.com, where he joined as CIO following seven years at Walmart, where he served in numerous management roles.
“Kal brings e-commerce and operational experience to Groupon which will benefit our customers and our merchants as we set out to become the operating system for local business,” Groupon CEO Andrew Mason said.