- Walgreens all systems go for 2013; reports 4Q, annual sales
- Merlo: CVS Caremark positioned to 'effectively compete' in PBM industry
- Rite Aid looks to retain ESI patients, provide 'superior customer experience'
- CVS Caremark discusses WAG-Express Scripts impasse, narrower networks during Morgan Stanley event
- Strong 3Q, ability to retain ESI patients, finds CVS Caremark execs bullish
GARDEN CITY, N.Y. — The National Association of Professional Women has named former Express Scripts senior director of pharmacy practice Karen Wooten as its VIP Woman of the Year, the group said.
The NAPW said Wooten had been recognized for "outstanding leadership and commitment within her profession." Wooten, who comes from a family of healthcare professionals, began her career almost 30 years ago at Health Management Services, later moving to Medco, which eventually merged into Express Scripts.
"This role allowed me the ability to interact with all levels of leadership and front-line staff," Wooten said. "I influenced and supported the organization to assure and maintain compliance to regulations and standards of practice."