- Energizer Holdings to acquire feminine hygiene business from J&J Family of Consumer Cos.
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- Target to expand omnichannel offerings in Q3 as new mobile app sees strong growth
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. Markwins International has hired former Johnson & Johnson executive Michael Cole to serve as its Walmart team leader.
In this role, Cole will be responsible for both divisions at Walmart; Markwins Beauty Product, featuring the Wet 'n Wild and Black Radiance brands; and Markwins International, featuring The Color Workshop, ACT and Barbie.
Cole will report to Shawn Haynes, SVP sales and marketing for Markwins Beauty Products, and Eric Weeks, VP sales for Markwins International.
Markwins' current sales managers, Emily Adams and Anthony Hicks, will report to Cole and the team will be assembled in their new offices in Bentonville, Ark.
Cole joins Markwins from J&J. As the director of strategic planning, Cole led the teams responsible for product innovation, new item development and consumer insights for food, drug and mass retail customers. Prior to J&J, Cole was a senior buyer at Walmart Stores for several categories, including over the counter, household cleaning and sporting goods. He also was instrumental in launching Walmart International and Walmart.com.