- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS Caremark's 'ability' and 'agility' a key focus of 2013 Analyst Day
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walmart expanding small store fleet based on fresh- and pharmacy-driven growth
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — A provider of retailer supplier education services has named a 31-year Walmart veteran as its president and CEO.
8th & Walton said Mike Cockrell, who most recently served as chief merchandising officer of Walmart's Indian joint venture with Bharti before his retirement in February, would lead the company's efforts to accelerate growth initiatives while enhancing existing services.
"We are excited to have an executive the caliber of Mike Cockrell join 8th & Walton as CEO as we enter a new phase of growth," said 8th & Walton co-founder Matt Fifer. "Mike distinguished himself during a 31-year career at Walmart, where he made important contributions to the company¹s growth, which is why I am confident his leadership and vision will allow 8th & Walton to realize its growth plans."
In related news, 8th & Walton also announced the appointment of Jeff Clapper as chief marketing officer and the promotion of Amanda Apple, who was promoted to director of operations after previously serving as operations manager.