- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
GRANBURY, Texas A company that develops pharmacy automation products has released a point-of-sale system specifically tailored to small retail pharmacies.
Freedom Data announced Monday the release of PRO/POS-Lite, a condensed version of its existing PRO/POS system. Freedom Data said the newer version provided the functionality that smaller pharmacies needed at a fraction of the cost of the full system.
The system allows the pharmacy to process flex benefit cards, track products and deliveries, electronically capture signatures and receive updates to comply with government regulations, as well as expandability to the full PRO/POS system.