- IRI Pacesetter report shows strength in beauty, consumables
- Tesco places troubled Fresh & Easy business up for sale
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Despite store openings, Fresh & Easy reports $300 million loss
- H-E-B launches shelf labeling system and health newsletters to help Texans make healthier food choices
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Regional supermarket chain Fresh & Easy has kicked off its in-store food drive for the holiday season.
The food drive, which will benefit food banks in the California, Nevada and Arizona markets, asked customers to donate canned and boxed goods at any store location through Christmas Eve. Between donations from customers and Fresh & Easy stores, more than $1 million in food will be given to local food banks and charities to help fight hunger this holiday season, the retailer said.
"It's important to support our neighbors through partnerships like we have with local food banks," said Fresh & Easy neighborhood affairs director Roberto Munoz. "We are happy to support organizations year-round that help those in need, and are excited to work with our customers to give back even more this holiday season."