- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Study: Limiting NPs' scope of practice leads to higher costs
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
NEW YORK Natural Skin Care has launched the Frida Kahlo skin care line and opened its first retail space in Staten Island, N.Y., to showcase the new line of 100 percent natural skin care products.
The store, called Frida Store, is to be followed with a second location in Miami’s Bay Harbor Islands. The second location is slated to open in February.
The Frida Kahlo skin care line and retail store are the brainchild of Venezuelan-born aromatherapist, holistic cosmetologist and Naturals Skin Care chief executive officer Antonio Sciortino. Last year, Sciortino and partners met with the Kahlo family in Mexico to acquire the rights to the name and likeness of the painter and activist for their skin care line.
“Reading her letters was a life-changing experience for me. She was very much into aromatherapy herself, mixing and creating her own makeup and lotions,” stated Sciortino.
Using such natural essentials as rosemary, bergamot and aphrodesia oils, Sciortino created a line of more than 30 products, including the signature Omega-3 Collection, which consists of hand and body lotions, shower gels and anti-aging and anti-wrinkle face creams.