- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Vitals predicts consumer healthcare trends for 2014
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
DUBLIN, Ohio, and POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — A regional pharmacy chain has extended its relationship with a healthcare services company.
Fruth Pharmacy — which operates more than 25 locations throughout West Virginia and Ohio — said it has signed a renewed, three-year agreement for Cardinal Health to serve as its primary pharmaceutical distributor. As part of the agreement, Cardinal Health will continue to serve as Fruth's primary distributor for pharmaceuticals. Additionally, Cardinal Health and Fruth will collaborate on initiatives designed to improve efficiencies at Fruth’s pharmacies.
"Cardinal Health's flexibility and superior technology have made them a great partner," Fruth Pharmacy chairman and president Lynne Fruth said. "We appreciate their team-oriented approach to helping us improve our cost effectiveness and efficiency, which has played an important role in our continued success."