- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Cardinal Health’s Independence Medical unit helps pharmacy owners tap into growing home healthcare market
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
DUBLIN, Ohio, and POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — A regional pharmacy chain has extended its relationship with a healthcare services company.
Fruth Pharmacy — which operates more than 25 locations throughout West Virginia and Ohio — said it has signed a renewed, three-year agreement for Cardinal Health to serve as its primary pharmaceutical distributor. As part of the agreement, Cardinal Health will continue to serve as Fruth's primary distributor for pharmaceuticals. Additionally, Cardinal Health and Fruth will collaborate on initiatives designed to improve efficiencies at Fruth’s pharmacies.
"Cardinal Health's flexibility and superior technology have made them a great partner," Fruth Pharmacy chairman and president Lynne Fruth said. "We appreciate their team-oriented approach to helping us improve our cost effectiveness and efficiency, which has played an important role in our continued success."