- French regulators approve Actavis-Warner Chilcott merger
- Actavis, Warner Chilcott shareholders approve merger deal
- Actavis to pare down sales staff of branded-drugs division
- Actavis appoints board of directors for Irish division following Irish High Court clearance of Warner Chilcott deal
- NAD refers Bremmen Clinical diet-aid ad claims to FTC
PARSIPPANY, N.J. — Actavis and Warner Chilcott on Thursday announced that they have each received a request for additional information from the Federal Trade Commission in connection with Actavis' pending acquisition of Warner Chilcott. The information request was issued under notification requirements of the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended.
The effect of the second request is to extend the waiting period imposed by the HSR Act until 30 days after Actavis and Warner Chilcott have substantially complied with the request, unless that period is extended voluntarily by the parties or terminated sooner by the FTC.
Actavis and Warner Chilcott intend to cooperate fully with the FTC's review and continue to expect the transaction to close in the second half of 2013.
Are you a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant? Join our Facebook group to get all the latest news dedicated to delivering healthcare services to patients in retail pharmacy clinics.