- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Walmart expanding small store fleet based on fresh- and pharmacy-driven growth
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- FortiFX, celebrity chef Robert Irvine unveil new baked protein bars
- Walmart asks suppliers to phase out certain chemicals from products
FISHERS, Ind. — Funky Monkey Snacks last week announced it has gained distribution at nearly all Walmart supercenters and Walmart discount stores in the United States. By early June, Funky Monkey Snacks varieties Bananamon and Carnaval Mix could be found in the dried fruit section of the Walmart snack food aisle at more than 3,700 stores.
Made of 100% real fruit, the crunchy snacks are nutritionally equivalent to their fresh counterparts, the company noted, and contain no added sugar, preservatives, colors or flavors.
“Our introduction at Walmart is exciting news for Funky Monkey,” said Matt Herzog, president of Funky Monkey Snacks. “This really demonstrates the growing popularity of our brand, as well as the appeal of healthy, nutritious snacks. Funky Monkey Snacks are known for lots of good things: their crunch, their Non-GMO Product certification, their all-natural ingredients, and for being gluten free. And now, with availability at all U.S. Walmart stores, our snacks are more convenient and easier to find than ever before.”
Funky Monkey Snacks’ Bananamon is 100% organic and is made from freeze-dried organic bananas and organic cinnamon; Carnaval Mix features freeze-dried organic banana, pineapple, apple and papaya. Each 1 oz. bag contains three recommended servings of fruit.