- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- ClarityMD line features new Clarifying Acne Treatment Pads
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
FORT WORTH, Texas — Galderma Labs has launched a newly designed pump dispenser for a drug used to treat rosacea, the drug maker said Tuesday.
Galderma announced the availability of the dispenser for MetroGel (metronidazole) gel in the 1% strength. The drug is used to treat bumps and blemishes in patients with rosacea. The Food and Drug Administration approved the pump in October.
"MetroGel 1% is the most widely prescribed branded topical medication for rosacea by physicians, and it makes sense to provide this proven treatment to patients in a way that suits their desire for more convenience," University of California Los Angeles clinical instructor of dermatology Debra Luftman said. "Not only will the pump make it simpler for patients to use the treatment, it may help provide consistent dosing so that patients use the correct amount of medication."
Rosacea, which is treatable but has no cure, affects more than 16 million people in the United States.