- Gillette launches 'The Best a Fan Can Get Sweepstakes' for NFL fans
- Bud Light to launch 'Stay in the Game' campaign
- Gillette promotes new Clinical Clear Gel deodorant with 'Pressure Points' Web series
- Archie Manning to keynote at 2014 AWMA Marketplace and Solutions Expo
- Gillette Clear Gel Deodorant celebrates NFL Season kickoff with 'Training Tracks' music video
CHICAGO — A Heisman trophy recipient and National Football League quarterback has inked a deal with an iconic sports drink brand.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has joined Gatorade's roster of athletes who work with the brand to educate athletes on the importance of sports nutrition, the company said. The multiyear partnership will kick off by having Newton test with scientists from the Gatorade Sports Science Institute, who will work one-on-one with Newton to identify ways in which he can improve his on-field performance through proper sports fueling and training. Newton also will be featured in upcoming Gatorade brand campaigns including television, print and digital advertising.
"Gatorade is focused on elevating the importance of proper athletic fueling, so it's important for us to partner with athletes who believe sports nutrition improves performance. Gatorade has been an essential piece of Cam's football equipment since an early age which makes this partnership a natural fit," Gatorade president of North America and global CMO Sarah Robb O'Hagan said. "Cam has proven himself as a naturally gifted athlete with a promising NFL career. We look forward to helping him achieve his football goals by providing him with customized testing and research and a fueling plan to help him elevate his game."