- Rexall taps savvy vet Kelly for top merchant role
- RediClinic upgrades Weigh Forward with Wellness Layers platform
- Hartman Group breaks down health and wellness consumer segments
- PharmaSmart, Rexall enter deal to integrate kiosk data, electronic patient records
- Three key milestones show Rite Aid's continued progress
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario — As CEO of Katz Group Canada and its flagship Rexall chain, Andy Giancamilli has spearheaded a transformation of the company’s approach to drug store retailing and health-and-wellness merchandising. That renewal has spawned a new Rexall prototype store and a new approach to customer segmentation.
The renovation project, two years in the making, has yielded a dramatically different store design — dubbed the Rexall Healthy Living Pharmacy — that brings design innovation and cache to health-and-wellness retailing. Unveiling the new format last fall, Giancamilli said it shifts the emphasis from commodity and mass merchandising to preventive health and engagement with customers — both as patients in need of wellness and disease management solutions and as consumers looking for healthy alternatives in such areas as skin care, beauty and even snack foods.
The primary goal driving Rexall’s makeover “is to improve the health care of Canadians ... and to help our patients and customers live a much healthier lifestyle,” Giancamilli told Drug Store News.